PTRWOROA Dusk to Dawn Outdoor Wall Sconces Farmhouse Barn Light Outdoor Wall Lights Exterior Wall Lighting Fixture for Porch Entryways ( 2 Pack, 12" )View on Amazon
Outdoor Wall Lantern, Exterior Waterproof Wall Sconce Light Fixture, Matte Black Anti-Rust Wall Mount Light with Clear Glass Shade, E26 Socket Wall Lamp for Porch(Bulb Not Included)View on Amazon
Outdoor Wall Lantern, Exterior Waterproof Wall Sconce Light Fixture, Anti-Rust Black Wall Mount Lighting with Clear Glass Shade, E26 Socket Front Porch Lights for Outside, Modern House, Garage, PatioView on Amazon
- BrandPia Ricco
Dusk to Dawn Sensor Outdoor Wall Sconce, Exterior Wall Lantern Fixture with E26 Base Socket, Wall Mount Lights Anti-Rust Waterproof Matte Black Wall Lamp with Clear Glass Shade for Garage, DoorwayView on Amazon
- BrandSHINE HAI
Dusk to Dawn Outdoor Lights Exterior Porch Lights with GFCI Outlet Sensor Outdoor Wall Light Fixture Wall Mount,Anti-rust Wall Lantern,Waterproof Wall Sconce,Outside Lights for House Garage Front DoorView on Amazon
- BrandDESIGNERS FOUNTAIN
VOCLDFA Dusk to Dawn Sensor Outdoor Wall Lantern Nautical Style Outdoor Lighting fixtures Wall Mount Waterproof Outdoor Wall Sconce Retro Oil Rubbed Bronze Finish Outside Wall Lamp for Porch YardView on Amazon
Waterproof Outdoor Wall Sconce,Matte Black Anti-Rust Wall Mount Light Fixtures,E26 Socket Opal Glass Shade Wall Lantern for Porch Patio Garage YardView on Amazon
Upgrade Dusk to Dawn Sensor Outdoor Wall Lanterns, Exterior Wall Sconce Porch Light Fixture with E26 Socket, 100% Anti-Rust Waterproof Matte Black Wall Mount Lamp with Clear Glass for Entryway GarageView on Amazon
Miwat 2Pack 20W LED Flood Light, Daylight LED Work Light with Plug, 4X3 inch White Shell IP68 Waterproof Outdoor Floodlights for White Wall, Eaves and Display PlaceView on Amazon
Last update on 2023-03-24 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
Do you want to know how to clean outdoor light fixtures?
You'd agree that your outdoor lighting should be bright and the fixtures clean. Not only for safety, but also because you chose the most eye-catching lighting fixture to add elegance to your outdoor space.
Light fixtures outside collect dust, dirt, attract bugs, and collect bug debris. It's unavoidable.
As a result, you must understand how to clean outdoor lighting fixtures effectively and on a regular basis.
Fixtures are also made of various materials that deteriorate in different ways. Sconces made of copper or bronze, for example, may tarnish.
Are you prepared to begin? Let's restore your outdoor light and curb appeal!
The Cleaning Process: A Step-By-Step Guide
Once you've assembled your tools, follow this step-by-step guide to cleaning outdoor light fixtures.
1. Disconnect your lights from the main power source. This is critical for your security. You'll be dealing with electricity, as you're probably aware, and the last thing you want is water coming into contact with anything electric. Whether it's your sockets or your light fixtures.
2. Adjust your ladder to a suitable height based on how far your outdoor wall lights are from the ground. If you don't have a ladder, a chair or anything stable enough to hold you up there will suffice.
3. Put on your rubber gloves and fill a bucket with soapy water. Rubber gloves shield your skin from potentially harmful detergents or chemicals found in glass cleaners.
4. Take out the light bulbs and set them aside on a soft surface. Remove any globes, grills, or casings with a screwdriver and soak them in soapy water.
5. Dust your pendants with a soft brush to remove any bug debris or cobwebs.
6. Soak your soft piece of clothing in soapy water. Then wring it out to clean the wall fixtures. Keep in mind not to get any of your electrical sockets wet.
7. Rinse the fixtures in a second bucket of clean water after removing them from the soapy water. Wipe them dry after thoroughly rinsing.
8. Apply a professional glass cleaner to any glass surfaces with a cloth. This will restore its luster.
9. To remove stains from metal surfaces, use non-abrasive cleaners. White vinegar, lemon, and baking soda are examples of readily available household items. Later in the post, we'll go over how to use them.
10. Gently wipe your screws and light bulbs with a damp cloth.
11. Reassemble your fixtures and let everything dry before turning on the lights again.
What is the best way to clean metal light fixtures?
Use a soft piece of clothing and dish soap or mild detergent to clean metal light fixtures. Scrubbing metal parts with abrasive materials such as steel wool or rough-textured clothing is not recommended.
How do you clean outdoor hanging light fixtures?
Turn off the power before cleaning hanging light fixtures. After that, remove the light fixture from the fixture and the light bulb. Clean each piece separately with soap and water, then dry it before reassembling it.
How can I clean glass light fixtures?
Warm water and a mild detergent are all that is required to clean glass pendants. Glass globes are as clean as they get after soaking in soapy water, rinsing, and drying. All that's left is to shine them up with a professional glass cleaner and they'll be as good as new.
What happens to brass when it's exposed to the elements?
Brass darkens with age and exposure. It does not, however, corrode, making it suitable for outdoor lighting fixtures. You can restore the shine of brass by using lemon juice, salt, and flour to clean outdoor light fixtures.
After you've learned how to clean outdoor light fixtures, it's time to restore the sconces on your porch, hallway, and deck. Warm water and dish soap should do the trick whether they're metallic, glass, acrylic, or any other material.
Unless there are tough stains, of course. In that case, more than soap and water would be required. Overall, you now have all of the information you require.
Your exterior fixtures must be cleaned on a regular basis. Don't let dust and dirt accumulate and detract from the appearance of your home's exterior.
Learn more in our website: